About Me

Sunday, December 4, 2016

ELS LIVE STREAM NUMBERS DROP

Your sitting at home on a Tuesday evening with the TV on not really watching TV at the moment as you log into your social media account. You open up Facebook and take a look at the news feed that you see every time you load up or log onto your account. You start to scroll through the feed "Liking," or "Commenting," on post on the feed from your friends or pages you follow. You may have noticed that some of your friends or pages you like have or is LIVE as you scroll through the feed. You click on the video or video that was live and watch it for a bit.You give it a "Like" or "Comment," on what you just seen and move on.Live video on Facebook profiles and on Facebook Pages for awhile now give a person to go "LIVE," any time of the day or night.

When I first found out that you can shoot a "LIVE Video," any time of the day or night was available to me my first thought on this was,"Hell Yeah, I can bring my podcast to a whole new platform and expand on more of an audience." I gave it a try with my first "LIVE STREAM," of The Everett Lee Show back on June 28th 2016. The first "LIVE STREAM," didn't do that bad. I was hoping for more views but, I guess if it was on my profile instead of my page I use for my podcast the numbers would have went up more on views. The only time I get more "LIKES" and "Comments" on my profile is if I post something or change my profile picture. This is sad at least to say with all the time and work for the last 2 and a half years of podcasting I've sweated out doing this.

For the last five months The Everett Lee Show has been going LIVE just about every Tuesday Night right off it's Facebook page. Quit a few people have tuned in to see what or who will show up every Tuesday Night as you can watch and listen to a podcast that loves to entertain in it's own special ways. The podcast has evolved into being funny as hell at times or just plain stupid at every given moment. For those who tune in each week you know what I'm talking about. The question after each week is what can I do that will be as better then the last one. I love having the drive to produce content for people who watch or listen to a podcast that loves to do it's own thing and enjoy seeing people tune in or listening to the audio each week. However,

I share and share and share on Facebook The Everett Lee Show podcast to just about all of my friends and family that are on my "Friends List." I do get some views for the LIVE STREAM but most of the people that follow this podcast don't give me back any feed back. Most of the people on my profile on my friends list are rather concerned and give more feed back like I mention earlyer when I change my profile pic or if I post a comment on something. For the last few months I've talked about on my podcast and broke it on The Everett Lee Show that I was going to be a father as my wife and I are going to be parents. My wife broke it on her profile and you would not believe the "Comments" and "Likes," she got from that. I post it on my podcast and I get really nothing at all. I might as well told a bump on a log the news and got more of reaction then what I've gotten.

I helped out my wife with doing a "LIVE STREAM," reveling the sex of our child. My wife got huge numbers with that as I had one person on my friends list mention that she didn't know my wife and I was expecting. I said to them that I've been talking about it for months now on my podcast. I got back a response that "I don't watch your podcast." This is a person that follows the page but, doesn't watch the podcast? Are you freaking kidding me? This is the bullshit I deal with from day to day. I stopped posting stuff on my profile so others wouldn't get the pleasure of "LIKING" or "COMMENTING" on what I put up. Hell if they want to find out about my kid then you will have to go to The Everett Lee Show Facebook page for anything that will retain to that from now on,Tough Shit.

Over the last few months my numbers have dropped when it comes to views when I go LIVE on The Everett Lee Show. The numbers have dropped so bad for whatever reason I will never know that it has made me to make some changes.

For starters, I want to thank those who have tuned in and watched and listen to the podcast. If it wasn't for you then I wouldn't have the drive that keeps me doing this. At the first or during the begining of 2017, The Everett Lee Show will for the first time GO LIVE on YouTube.

That's right,The Everett Lee Show will be LIVE STREAMING from it's YouTube Channel. There are more people then ever searching YouTube for what is LIVE as I type this blog post. Why not give it a try and hope for the best. If it don't work then I guess I have Facebook to fall back on,lol. The more people see The Everett Lee Show on YouTube "LIVE," will tune in to see who or what will happen.

Soundcloud has been where you can go to hear The Everett Lee Show podcast each week. If you miss the LIVE STREAM then you can always go back and watch it. Having the audio part being at your finger tips is the bases for my podcast. A podcast is something you listen to right? Well, that is changing too. SoundCloud is not what it is now since I've been uploading to the site since 2014. In the last two years the only thing SoundCloud attracts anymore is "Trolls." That's right, "Trolls." The only people that just about follows me now on the site is "Trolls," who want me to sign up for 1,000 re-post and plays for my "Music." I'm not an artist, I'm a Podcaster. I'm done and sick of it.

Starting sometime in 2017,The Everett Lee Show will be using Libsyn as it's hosting site for the podcast. A lot of successful podcast use Libsyn as it's host for podcast and why can't The Everett Lee Show be apart of that too. Goodbye SoundCloud,hello Libsyn for 2017.

As you can tell with this post I am all about numbers. I want to see numbers in my favor when it comes to the content that I put out for people to enjoy or not. I want people to come back for more and if it leaves them a sour taste when they leave then just move on. I am looking forward for 2017 with all that is going to be happening for The Everett Lee Show. I will be making changes from time to time. Just keep an I out for anything that changes and what or who will show up to The Everett Lee Show Podcast for 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment