About Me

Saturday, September 5, 2015

MY NEW YORK WEEKEND PART TWO

SUNDAY SUMMERSLAM 2015

After taking some time to see some of the places on Saturday,we woke up the following morning at the hotel early to get ready for the day we've been waiting for SummerSlam 2015. The first thing we had to do was get ready for our meet and greet with WWE Superstars. We got to go down to the 9th floor for a breakfast buffet with others as we would eat then get to meet a WWE Superstar. The buffet was alright not the best with some of the food. I was hunger and didn't care too much of what they had to offer. I hit some french toast and bacon and sausage and toast.My wife and I found a table with others sitting with a couple of seats not taken. There was a lot of people there eating talking about wrestling and having a good time. As we sat down to eat I had to get back up again,I didn't have my coffee.I said to my wife I need my coffee and if I don't have it I'll end up becoming like Brock Lesnar without it joking.

WWE Diva: Paige

As we ate our breakfast and I downed my cup of coffee we started talking with the people at our table.A couple at our table was from England another person was from the Netherlands. I was amazed by how many people traveled to New York for SummerSlam. We all was trying to figure out who we were going to meet? One person said that he was a "Superfan" and that they sometimes get someone who was local or from around the area. I said "We might get to meet The Brooklyn Brawler then." Everyone laughed and then the tone of the room changed as the WWE Superstar or Stars entered the room at the far end and took a seat at the table. It was WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins and two time Diva's Champ Paige. The people cheered and clap as Seth and Paige took their seats. The tables was numbered 1-30 and each table by number was called up one at a time for the meet and great.

WWE World Heavyweight Champion: Seth Rollins

I brought one thing to get signed and it was a program book that I picked up back in February when Monday Night Raw came to Orlando at the Amway Center. I had that with me with Seth's section and Paige's section ready to get signed.I took a picture with Paige and said it was nice to meet her and she thanked me as well very nice.Paige's English accent sounded awesome in person then on TV.I said hey to Seth with it coming out as "What's up Rollins?" which I didn't intend it too,that's why he looks like he does in the picture,lol I don't know. I was a bit nerves.

The one thing that I didn't like was how they rushed everyone through the meet and great.The meet and great was a couple of hours. It was from 9am to 11am. I say by the time almost everyone got through the meet and great it was 9:55am or 10:05am somewhere around that time. I didn't like the fact that the person they had was rushing us and everyone out as fast as they came up there. I spent almost $3 Thousand of my tax money this year to enjoy this part of spending 16 to 17hrs drive from Daytona Beach Fl to get rushed through a meet and great. I only had time to say hi and thank you,that's all. I felt robbed by the fact that only an hour was left from the meet and great.I even felt really bad for the ones who came over seas and received the same treatment. On a plus I shared my pictures on my twitter and tagged Seth Rollins and Paige.I received a lot of favorites and Retweets. The real Paige even favorite my picture I took with her. I thank you Paige for that if you every sit down and read this blog post.

TIME SQUARE AGAIN

After our rushed meet and great with WWE Superstars it was time to take a quick walk through Time Square after we relaxed for a bit back in our hotel. We went looking for some construction paper to make a couple of signs for SummerSlam. We travel through Time Square to a few places such as Walgreens and a couple of places like that.We did in fact found a couple of small erase and write boards from Walgreens and it was set that we could write again and again different things to hold up so our friends and family could see where we were at during SummerSlam.

The streets of New York on a Sunday afternoon was busy with people walking all over the place. I just was amazed how many people walk through the streets of New York everyday.It never stops.At a read light just as we were about to cross over and head back to our hotel I noticed someone in the right corner of my eye and it was The Naked Cowboy. I said to my wife we got to meet him. We ran over and took our pictures with him and he gave us an autograph and thanked us and we tipped him a couple of bucks. I was hoping I was going to meet him and I did and was happy after all the times I've heard about him and seen him on TV.

The Naked Cowboy

SUMMERSLAM 2015: BARCLAYS CENTER,BROOKLYN NEW YORK

I heard the horror stories about riding the New York Subway over the years. I was told what not to do and what to do from friends that have lived in New York.We headed down to the subway and took a ride over to Brooklyn for the PPV.The ride wasn't bad heading over. It wasn't bad like I was told as my wife and I rode from Time Square to Brooklyn.We got off and made our way to the streets and around the corner was the Barclays Center. As we walked over we ran into the people that we meet in New Jersey taking the train to New York. We briefly chatted a bit and I asked how NXT Takeover was the following night. They enjoyed it as they said the best matches was Bayley and Sasha Banks for the NXT Women's Championship was awesome and the ladder match with Finn Balor for the NXT Championship was the best matches.We parted ways and wish each other a good time for tonight.

We made our way into the sea of people as we waited to get in.We stopped by the T-Shirt trailer and picked up some shirts while we waited for the doors to open. As soon as we entered we hit the concession stand and I bought a tall miller light and we made our way to our seats.The cool thing about where we were sitting is that we get to take the chairs home with us that has SummerSlam on it.We sat next to to where the wrestlers enter from the ramp.We talked to the people around us through out the night of the PPV.

The people in front of us was from London England. The people next to us was from Australia and one person behind us was from Scotland.I was impressed by how all of the people around us traveled all this way to be here at SummerSlam.

One thing about SummerSlam is that it wasn't that good with the build up like they intended it to be.I know from watching at home the booking for the PPV was not great and with the finish that went down with Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker that killed it for a lot of people.On a plus side of this being there seeing it live was cool. I said this before being at a event live and feeling the energy with the people around you is something you must experiences for yourself.We started chants and got into it with the matches as the night went on.

My favorite matches at SummerSlam 2015

Sheamus vs Randy Orton

Champion vs Champion Winner Take All:WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins vs United States Champion John Cena

Stephen Amell&Neville vs Stardust&King Barrett

Kevin Owens vs Cesaro

I enjoyed these matches the most.The other ones I did not list were ok but these matches I liked the most.One thing that I didn't like was the fact that we were on the floor and quit a bit of people had signs.Every time we or people would hold up a sign when a wrestler was making their way to the ring the security standing around at the Barclays Center would come over and tell people to put their signs down,it wasn't allowed.One person behind us almost got into it with a security person and the security person said it was WWE that didn't want signs to be held up for those with floor seats. I was like WTF? Ok,so WWE didn't want fans with floor seats to hold up signs,so if you bought tickets and had floor seats then WWE should have put that on the tickets instead.Or was it the Barclays Center that didn't allow you to hold up signs? I thought the security was assholes for that and I guess I'll never know who it was that made the rule. I though people got cheated with spending time making a sign to show off to show support for their favorite WWE Superstar and they can't show it off just for a couple of seconds,I think that is unfair for those who traveled across the Atlantic and they spent their money to be told not to hold up signs.

After SummerSlam was over my wife and I made our way back to the Subway to head back to the hotel.While we waited down on the platform,we were standing with the group of people that was sitting with us during SummerSlam.Come to find out that we were all staying in the same hotel and getting off of the same stop.I thought this was great because I didn't like the fact that my wife and I had these two chairs that we had to carry back through Time Square and being on the Subway with them.I didn't want anyone to mess with us and take our chairs that we got to take home with us.

I suggested that if it wasn't too much of a problem if we all would go back together as a group since we were going in the same direction and walking to the same destination.Everyone agreed and we rode the subway back to our stop in Time Square.There was about 7 of us walking in a line going through Time Square with our custom steel chairs and wearing our wrestling shirts.A old lady leaning up against a building came off the wall saying something in Chinese or something at one of us. One of the guys from Australia thought she was saying something to him.He told me of the time he was at WrestleMania 30 in New Orleans and got slapped in the face by a women while getting into a cab there.I laughed when he told me this and he said to this day he still doesn't know why she did a thing like that.

We made it back to the Marriott without anything happening to us.We took the elevator back up to the 42nd floor to our room.I took out the T-shirts that we bought and looked over what we picked up at SummerSlam.

What a long day we had and tomorrow night is Monday Night Raw for us.We turned in to get some rest because we had to go back one more night at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn New York for Raw.At this point we had a good time and was pleased with how much fun it was being in a city that I've never been before.

I'll be back with the final part of My New York Trip later on this week.Thank you for reading this long blog post as always,you ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment