About Me

Thursday, September 10, 2015

MY NEW YORK TRIP FINAL PART

LAST DAY IN NEW YORK

The last day and night in Time Square before we headed back to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn for Monday Night Raw was fun.My wife and I slept in a little and decided to relax some while we waited for the time to head back on the subway to Brooklyn.I was talking with my wife and we decided to head out to the streets and go find some food.We got ready and walked down 7th ave and 42nd st to Walgreens to get something to drink.

NIGHTMARES OF CARTOON PEOPLE

When you go some place you never been before in your life you will always learn not what to do the second time around.That happens to me if I happen to go back to a place where you know what to do and what not to do.I learn not to get near or approach cartoon characters walking the streets in Time Square.

My wife loves Minions.Hell, I won her a Minion doll out of the crane machine while we were at the boardwalk in New Jersey next to where she grew up at.My wife and I seen a Minion walking around she went to go get a picture with it.First off, bad ideal.Second, I got stopped by Iron Man. I went to take a picture with Iron Man a "Selfie" or whatever the hell you call it now of days.Out of nowhere all of these characters such as Micky and Minnie Mouse show up with the Minion and Iron Man.We take a group picture,Nightmare after this picture was taken.

NEVER TAKE A PICTURE WITH PEOPLE DRESSED LIKE THIS IN TIME SQUARE or you will get cornered or ganged up with them wanting money from you to take a picture with them.The cartoon characters surrounded me wanting money.Minnie pulled out from what she had hid a badge that said TIPS on it.I thought Oh Shit,here we go, they want money for this just like everyone in Time Square wants a dame dollar.They surround me saying "Tip,Tip,Tip."I looked over and my wife was booking it.I pulled out a dollar and threw it at Iron Man and said,"Keep the change or share it with the rest of you freaks," something around the lines of that.I ran and caught up with my wife and argued with her while we walked to Walgreens.I was mad that she left and she thought it was funny but I didn't.We laugh at it now but, at that time I didn't.

We made our way back to Walgreens and had to go back the way we came to get back to the hotel.We cut through avoiding anyone dressed up like a freak and went back to the hotel.We took a quick nap before we headed back out for food before we hit the subway for Monday Night Raw.We found an Applebee's near by that was pricey.

When we got back to the hotel I stopped over in the smoking section before we headed back upstairs to our room.One of the guys that we talked with at SummerSlam that sat in front of us was on his way out and stopped by to chat with us.He was from London England and came in for SummerSlam weekend and said he was going to be at Raw tonight.My wife and I told him we were going to be there as well.We chatted for a bit about SummerSlam and other wrestling stuff.I enjoyed talking with him and I liked how friendly he was.He had to go and said he would catch up with us later tonight.We went back to our room and got ready for Raw.

MONDAY NIGHT RAW BARCLAYS CENTER BROOKLYN NEW YORK

We rode the subway back to Brooklyn again for the final time.We get up to the Barclays Center and a bunch of people was almost out in the road waiting to get in.The line was coming out onto the road and the cops pushed people up onto the sidewalk.My wife and I got pushed up onto the sidewalk and a person in line got mad that we were cutting.I tried to tell him about the cops behind the crowd and he didn't want to hear it because he was being thickheaded and I grabbed my wife's hand and we walked back to the back so I wouldn't get into it with this dude and knock his ass out for being an asshole.

The back cleared out and the line started moving.Some guy came up trying to sell me his SummerSlam chair he had.He didn't want to take it back with him from where ever he came from.He bugged the hell out of me and I told him just go on EBay and sell the dame thing and to leave me the hell alone.He got the hint after I ignored him and he walked up to the people in front of us and they told him to get the hell out of here and why the hell would they want to carry something like that all night.It was funny as hell you had to been there.

Our seat was better for Raw then they were for SummerSlam.My wife and I sat four rows back from ringside on the camera side.We also got to sit with everyone that we sat with at SummerSlam.I loved it as the night went on.We cheered for the return of The Dudley Boys as they put The New Day through a table.We loved the promo's from John Steward and Ric Flair and John Cena.The debut of Braun Strowman was cool as he joined They Wyatt Family.Of course the night could not be complete with out a surprise return of The Icon Sting.

While I enjoyed Monday Night Raw I did notice a couple of people at Raw.

First off I noticed and if you watch Raw you will see this guy at almost every Raw.He sits sometimes on the camra side of the ring most of the time.I ran into him last year at Battleground PPV in Tampa.He is one of those "Superfans," as they call it,Vincent Michaels

Vincent Michales was sitting over across next to where the wrestlers would come out to the ring.Vincent Michaels takes alot of pictures of himself at wrestling events.He sometimes looks over at the titan tron and makes faces so it would show up on TV.The "Selfie King," can be found on twitter as "MeepMoop Guy." If I had money like that and I was young,then I guess I would be going to as many Raws as I can go to.

Over to where we were sitting for SummerSlam was none other then Sam Roberts.Sam Roberts is a radio personality that has a show on Sirus XM.Sam does a podcast on Wednesdays that talks about wrestling and he has interview many wrestlers on his show.Sam lives in New York and I tried to make my way over to Sam right when Raw was ending to say whats up.Sam got out of there before I can get to him,maybe next time if I'm ever back in New York for a wrestling event.

As Raw ended my wife and I made our way back on the subway and to the hotel.We got back to the hotel and ran into our Scottish friend from SummerSlam and recommended a pizza place just down the street.We were hungry and he said the pizza wasn't that bad.My wife and I got our self's a pizza and a couple of salads and went back to our room and watch some of the NXT Takeover:Brooklyn that we didn't get to see.We ate and watched it and went to sleep.

The next day we packed up and checked out of our hotel.We took a cab back to Peen station and got on a train and rode back to New Jersey.This was only the first of our 18hr drive back to Daytona Beach.My Mother-In_Law picked us up at the train station and we went back to her hotel.We packed her up and she checked out and got into the car and drove back to Daytona Beach.

As we traveled my wife and my mother-in-law cut up and took turns driving back down I95.DC traffic sucks as we hit some going through to get to Virgina.That slowed us down a bit but we kept on at a steady pace down the interstate.

As we got through DC we stopped at a rest area in Virgina and took a quick picture of this.My Mother-In-Law insisted we get a picture of this,she wanted one of my wife and I.

One thing about long trips back home is that you find ways to make the time pass as you sit in a cramped up car.My wife and I got her mom to do the DX chop and to say "Suck It." She does this now quite a bit when she comes around,we corrupted her.I found a good sold oldies station on my tunein app on my phone and hooked it up to the radio and we sang or tried to sing some of the oldies.

We made it back to Daytona Beach the following morning.We picked up our dog from our friends and dropped off my mother-in-law and went home.I slept like I haven't in a week.What a hell of a trip and week for me.I'm glad it was over and now back to work with blogging and podcasting.

I hope everyone enjoyed this three part blog about my New York trip.I was asked if I would do this agin.Yes I would like to go back someday and see New York but,not anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment