About Me

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

MY NEW YORK WEEKEND:PART ONE

Last week I had the pleasure of taking a trip to New York which I've never been to.I've seen countless times on TV shows and in movies parts of New York through out the years. I've heard some stories from people that have lived in New York or have seen news clips or read stories about the "Big Apple." All was good and some bad about being in the city that never sleeps.

Too make this short,my wife and I was watching the WWE network a few months back around the time of a PPV that was airing. In the mist of watching the PPV, my wife and I talked about where we wanted to take our next vacation. She mention while laughing that she would not go back up north because she felt she didn't need to make another trip back up to New Jersey (my wife is from New Jersey) and we should go someplace we've never been before.After she said this,the WWE network ran an advertisement for where one of the PPV will be going to. The add was for SummerSlam 2015 mentioning it was coming to New York/New Jersey. My wife jumped off the couch and got excited. She said we have to go when tickets come available. I laughed and said I thought you didn't want to go back up north again? She said never mind what I said we are going. I said ok it's done, New York here we come.

NEW YORK BOUND

Just before we hit the road for our 16 hour trip to New York,we got package deal that WWE was offering for that weekend to SummerSlam. We got a package that lets you stay 3 days and 3 nights in Time Square at the Marriott with breakfast and a meet and greet with WWE Superstars the morning of SummerSlam. On top of that we got tickets included for Monday Night Raw. Did I say both nights was floor seats close to the ringside? We got our package in the mail and emails giving us the info we needed for that weekend. We were set and just counted down the days and a few months before our trip.

The trip was set and like I mention before,it was a long 16 hours to drive to get to New York.My mother-in-law came with us and stayed in New Jersey to visit with her sister while my wife and I ventured into New York for our weekend.Our first stop was New Jersey on our trip. We stayed in New Jersey for a couple of days before we took a train to New York from New Jersey. We hung out and went and ate pizza in Keansburg New Jersey at Anthony's Pizza.Anthony's to me has the best pizza in Keansburg and if you happen to be passing through, I suggest you stop by and see for yourself, you will not be disappointed with how good the pizza is and other things to try out from the menu.

Anthony's Pizza Keansburg New Jersey

After a couple of days in Jersey,my wife and I headed to New York for the weekend. We took a train from Woodbridge to Peen Station.While we were waiting for our train I noticed and chatted a bit with a few people on their way to the Barclay Center to watch NXT Takeover Brooklyn. We talked about some wrestling and possible running into each other at SummerSlam the following day (which we did run into them again) and wished that everyone have fun attending the weekend watching wrestling live.

NEW YORK,NEW YORK:THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS

Saturday in New York was fun. My niece met me and my wife at Peen Station. We followed her up from the train station to the streets of New York. I tried not too much to look like a tourist with a backpack on while carrying a duffle bag with enough cloths to last three days while I was here. I took in the sights and sounds of the city as I walked down a few blocks to the Marriott hotel in which we stayed in. As soon as we checked in and dropped off our belongings,we hit the streets.

One thing I noticed which I will sound dumb is New York has A LOT of people. We walked Time Square as my niece pointed out buildings and places in Time Square as we pushed through the crowds of people. We passed by Bad Boy Records in Time Square and where MTV use to have TRL back in the day when MTV played Music Videos. My niece showed us the building she works at in Time Square also. While we made our way to Central Park, people tried to give and sell and ask for money. I just kept on walking ignoring people trying to get money out of me. People asking for tips with handing out whatever it was they were trying to sell.I had one guy who was trying to give away his "free album," asking me for a tip in the process. Here's a tip for you, GET A JOB!

Central Park is nice.I've heard stories about how people would get mugged or almost getting killed here back in the day.Things have changed and I noticed cops walking around the park.I did get to see as many others a guy who must have been on something loose his mind and threw himself onto a hood of a car and rolled off onto the pavement. The cops was fast in acting as the people got out of the car and was about to kick the dude ass for just being a dumbass.I knew I was diffidently in New York.

Later that night I met up with my niece at her place with her boyfriend that I finally got to meet. My niece lives not far from a landmark that was used on the Led Zeppelin album Physical Graffiti album. I snapped a quick pic of the buildings that was used for that album.

The building used for the Physical Graffiti album

My niece and her boyfriend took me and my wife out to a pizza place not far from where she lives.I got to enjoy New York pizza for the first time with a glass of red whine to top it off. I loved it as well as the improve comedy entertainment we went to afterwards. My wife and I took a cab back to our hotel and taking a cab ride that evening for the first time in New York was something else. I so far got to experience some of the things that is in New York. Sunday was that day of the PPV but I'll get to that in the next blog post I put up.

Hope everyone likes and have enjoyed part one of my trip to New York. Be sure to come back when I talk about my time the following day going to SummerSlam.

No comments:

Post a Comment